I am nearing the end of a 4 week elimination diet. And for the most part, I have done not too badly with it. I had one day where I ate just about every carbohydrate I could find – luckily I had a total of 1/4 cup of rice and a can of kidney beans at home, and about $5 dollars in my pocket which was enough to buy a latte and a croissant at the cafe down the street. And other than going out for dinner one time in the last 4 weeks, and had 3 bites of a very chocolatey dessert which resulted in the most wicked headache ever, I have pretty much toed the line when it comes to this diet (holy long sentence – and breathe!). And I can now pronounce that sugar is evil.
I feel FANTASTIC. Here is the list of changes that have happened:
- My anxiety has been greatly reduced
- I have loads of energy
- My jeans fit better
- I have lost an entire shoe size (figure that one out – because I cant)
- The only real noticeable weight that I have lost is in my chest, because I no longer have any bras that fit (figures I would lose there first). But yay for shopping days!
- My hair is healthier, and doesn’t fall out nearly as much
- My skin is much less dry – and dare I say, almost glowy
- I feel terrible when I sneak in a carbohydrate
- Berries now taste like mold. They don’t have mold – I checked, its my taste buds that are wrecked.
- I am managing to save a few extra $$$ a month – probably because I have to stay home now.
- I am happier. Like way happier. Like super happy.
And this is what I look like after almost an entire month on this diet.
For those of you who don’t remember what I looked like when I started this journey – I looked like this 4 weeks ago.
Go ahead and tell me I look much better now – I love hearing that. Check out the fact that I no longer have humongous black circles under my eyes. I can only speculate of course, but I think they may be gone for good.
And here is the best news – because Im feeling so much better (the lack of anxiety especially), I am going to continue on this journey – with a slightly altered diet. I simply must have oranges. And
tomatoes on second thought I don’t need tomatoes.. But chilies – my chamomile tea really misses those things. I’ll try it out, anyway.